Assurity Consulting had fixed deadlines looming and two big moves on the cards – an office relocation and a shift in Internet Service Provider (ISP). We provided a project plan that pulled together multiple concurrent projects to be completed by us and Assurity’s new ISP. We acted as the technical liaison, overseeing a seamless transition along with the migration in provisioning of management of services. This included addressing the migration of services associated with wireless networking, the phone system, a managed firewall, and a cloud server.
As Assurity’s existing IT provider, we were very familiar with their network and the issues they faced.
We worked in consultation with the new ISP to provide additional services as well as proposing management solutions better suited to specialist providers for other services. This also provided a clearer demarcation point between us and the ISP.
We gathered detailed network and server configuration along with building layouts and used this to complete the following tasks:
- Plan and relocate core Wellington infrastructure;
- Migrate secondary server to Microsoft Azure;
- Configure and replace local network switches in Auckland and Wellington;
- Test new phone system;
- Implement a new wireless network nationwide;
- Provide configuration information to assist in the delivery of an IP VPN for networking sites;
- Provide configuration information to assist in the delivery of a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone system migration.
“The team at iTops embraced our challenge and were very proactive in planning our new network before spending the weekend on-site rolling it out and setting up our new Wellington office. The team were a pleasure to work with and very professional.”
CEO at Assurity Consulting
Whether it’s taking care of your everyday IT needs or you have a challenge to solve, we can help.